What we have done:
- The venue - ceremony and reception are the same place
- My dress, veil and shoes (heels and flats)
- Bridesmaids (5)
- Bridesmaids dresses
- Groomsmen (7)
- A flower girl (our niece, Addie)
- The guest list
- Engagement photos
- The photographer
- Officiant: My cousin Tom
- First dance song
- DJ: Booked
- Ceremony music: One of Jay’s close friends from college is doing our ceremony music for us.
- Save-the-Dates: I've designed them myself and we sent them out! Wahoo!
- Centerpieces: Lanterns and mason jars filled with baby's breath. Flowers for our centerpieces are being done by a close family friend who is a florist.
- A wedding website: It's up - all logistics and wedding RSVPs are on this site
- Hotel block and room for wedding night
- Reserve shuttle service between hotel and wedding site
- Hair & Makeup: Had my trial a few weeks ago and I LOVE the complete look. I can't wait to see it all come together on the big day.
- Videographer: Finally found one we liked in our price range!
- Honeymoon: Booked! So excited. We've also booked our excursions
- Location for rehearsal dinner: Booked
- Wedding bands: Purchased
- Chalkboard programs and menu: Purchased
- Suits for groom/ groomsmen: Jay has picked these out and has gotten measured
- Florist for all other flowers: Done
- Cake/cupcakes: Paid our deposit and just need to finalize our flavors
- Guestbook: We got it back a few weeks ago and love it!
- Flower girl dress: We found the most adorable dress. I can't wait to see her in it :)
- Bridesmaid gifts: Purchased their gifts. So excited to give these to them.
- Groomsmen gifts: Done
- Wedding registries: Completed :)
- Menu and beverage options: Finalized our menu, bar package and late night food.
- Bridal gown alterations: Almost done! I went back to get my veil for my hair and makeup appointment and some of my alterations were done and I was able to try it on again. It looks amazing and I can't wait to see it completely done!
- Book honeymoon dinners: Done! We have one left to book (they don't take reservations this early) but otherwise we're all set!
- Invitations: Sent! We just are waiting on a few final RSVPs and we're all set! So close!
- Ceremony script
Things we’re currently working on:
- Decorations: Almost done! Just a few DIY things left and we're all set.
- Favors: We are ordering these from our venue and will pick them up at our last planning meeting on May 18.
- Playlist for the reception - Jay is working on this I believe the dinner and cocktail hour playlists are pretty set -- we still need about an hour of dance music.
- Venue map and table setup information for my day of coordinator. Can't wait to meet with her again soon to go over all of the last minute details!
- Marriage license - getting this TOMORROW!!!
- Day-of timelines
- Must take shot list for the photographer
What we still need to do:
- Gifts for free vendors
Holy crap. One month!!!! I can't believe how quick this has all gone. This is my last update until I recap the wedding. Can you believe it? Everyone kept telling me to really enjoy our long engagement and not rush through it becuase before we knew it, it would all be over. Man, they were totally right. I've really enjoyed all these memories, the good and the not so great. We've learned a lot about each other, our relationship and ourselves. I can honestly say that marriage will be one of the most challenging things I do in my life, but I couldn't be more ready for it. I love Jay and I know that we are both going to fight like hell to have a happy, healthy and awesome marriage. I can't wait to marry that man! My husband! The thought of that makes me weak in the knees :)
We have a lot of odds and ends to finish up before the wedding is finally here. I know I will be pretty wedding centric for the next month, but I'm going to enjoy it all, even the stressful times. Luckily we've got some awesome friends and family that have been bending over backwards to help out. Bless them. We'd have WAY more to get done if they were not around!